Depression and Anxiety we all heard of it at some point in our life both are very serious mental health disorders, depression and anxiety can drain your strength, leaving you feeling exhausted and fatigued worldwide more than 264 million people are affected by depression and anxiety, it’s normal to have ups and downs or to have things you’re concerned about. You might be going through a difficult time. you feel low for some days but after some time things get back on track. there are lots of differences between feeling low and having depression and anxiety, depression and anxiety are like flip sides of the same coin being depressed usually make us anxious, and anxiety usually makes us depressed.
Symptoms of Depression
A major depressive episode is defined as experiencing five or more of the following symptoms most days for two weeks or more:
- Depressed or irritable mood
- Sleep problems
- Change in interests or low motivation
- Unnecessary guilt or unrealistically low self-image
- Significantly low energy or change in self-care
- Changes in appetite
- Agitation or severe anxiety/panic attacks
- Suicidal thoughts, plans, or behaviors — including self-harm
There are effective treatments for moderate and severe depression. A doctor may offer mental treatments such as behavioral activation, cognitive behavioral therapy, and interpersonal psychotherapy, or antidepressant prescription.
Talk Therapy and Medication
A licensed therapist can develop a program to treat your anxiety and depression at the same time, these therapies will help you in many ways
- they teach you to adjust your thoughts and actions
- shows you how to communicate better
- gives you skills to manage your symptoms
a doctor may prescribe an antidepressant drug that treats both depression and anxiety symptoms. Also, keep in mind that it may take a few weeks or months for your medicine to work.
Exercise and yoga
Exercise and yoga are both proven mood-booster that is good for your body and mind exercise and yoga also increase your self-confidence and determination meditating for just 2-5 minutes during the day can calm your anxiety and uplift your mood, also try to do exercise and yoga in an open space with fresh air.
A person should get healthy diet nutrition we get from animal and plant-based food like fruits, vegetables, herbs, eggs, and meat are essential to keeping our mind and body functioning properly. Choose lean protein with a little bit of “good” fats to feel more satisfied and calmer, Limit or avoid sugar, caffeine, and alcohol.
Take Some Important Steps on Your Own
- Get organized. have a to-do list will help your mind be more at comfort. You don’t have to tackle it all at once. Make a plan to work on one area at a time.
- Make new goals. Is there something you’ve ever wanted to do, or a place you want to go? Build a step-by-step, realistic plan to make it happen.
- Do something significant. Get involved in an activity that feels meaningful to you. It may be athletic, political, religious, or a social event where you can volunteer. Look for something that gives you a sense of achievement.